Author Services Order Form
BZHercules.com realizes that the publishing playing field has changed. Low-priced services with continuous support and an open door for communication are essential in this newly competitive self-publishing market! We work in tandem with the author to produce the best quality product possible.
BZHercules.com charges a $1.00 per page flat fee editing service. Pay as you go, if you like! Send your partly-finished work, or work you are tired of editing! As much as you like, as often as you like! Short stories and all topics are given equal time and treatment.
"Rush jobs" are subject to an extra charge of double price. Effective February 18, 2013: Any order that has a deadline request of less than 15 days for more than 200 pages and 5 days for less than 200 pages is considered a rush job and may be subject to such charges. Deadlines are contingent upon amount of errors within the document you submit as well as our schedule. Please use reason and judgment when ordering. "Days" refers to "business days."
BZHercules.com works quickly on several projects at a time, but will not release work back to authors until it is the best it can be. Please be patient and certainly contact us if you have concerns. Often, work with many errors or containing poor formatting will slow us down. We may need to set it aside so we may attend to other authors' works. Be rest assured that your work will get the attention it needs, but if it is filled with 50+ errors on each page, it takes some time to fix it.
The opinions and views of authors whose work is edited by BZHercules.com do not reflect the editors' beliefs in any way.
Please be advised that effective December 10, 2012, consultation rates will be applied to phone conversations, with a minimum of one hour billed. While we love to interact with our clients, we are primarily an online enterprise and deal in a high-volume business. Protracted phone conversations take up huge chunks of valuable work time and many matters can be resolved via e-mail. Please use this link to order consultation time in advance and email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Use this page for all services orders that apply to editing, proofing, betareading, and formatting.
BZHercules now offers a Triangulation Service package for $1.95 per page. The editor completes the initial edit and also provides a critique of the work as it is edited. After the editing and critique, the work is returned to the author for adjustment and feedback, then returned to the editor for the final proofing. This process allows your work to be edited quickly, efficiently, and inexpensively in a check and balance process! Read below for full descriptions of each step, and start your order for the Triangulation Service here. This service is recommended in particular for authors who need extensive work on their manuscripts; if you have thousands of errors in 300 pages, you should consider Triangulation, rather than just basic editing. However, it is perfectly fine to order dollar per page editing, or any other services from our site. You can add on services later at a reduced price if you decide you would like them.
Don't know which service to consider? Our dollar per page editing estimates are based on 1 hour = ten pages of editing (double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman). If it will take longer than that to edit, due to numerous errors, we will recommend triangulation services.
Please be advised that if you hit the manual paragraph break (enter after each paragraph) after every paragraph, this break adds to the overall page count. It is a huge pain to take these spaces out and will contribute to a higher charge. Always format page and paragraph breaks or do not use them at all.
You may use all of the above services at BZHercules.com, or any of the individual services. You need not have your work edited by us to use the proofing, beta, and/or formatting services.
wl BZHercules.com guarantees confidentiality and respect for your work--it will not be shared with anyone unless you give the go-ahead! We also guarantee the best work possible, but cannot be responsible for the opinions of reviewers. Taste in books and writing style is subjective. We work within your style to create a readable product.
The price for editing includes:
- Initial* editing of your work for spelling/grammatical mistakes and content** , 12 point Times New Roman, double spaced*** .
- Consistency/accuracy check of people, places, and things.
- Two passes through your manuscript.****
- This is the first step in the triangulated process.
There is a separate proof-reading service to go over a previously-edited work or just for a grammar/spelling/typo check. This is charged at $0.75/page.
- Proofing is not editing, this is a process in which errors in spelling/grammar/punctuation are fixed, after extensive editing.
- This should be considered an addtional formal pass through your work, solely for picking up errors that the editor may not have discovered.
- This is the second step in a triangulated check and balance system.
There is a betareading service. This is charged at $0.50/page.
- Critique of your work, in the form of comments within your manuscript pages.
- This is the third step in the triangulated process, although not necessarily last (Critique occurs throughout the process; it is formative, not summative).
Formatting as a separate service is available, for both print and e-books.
- Formatting includes preparing the document for e-publication or print only, such as formatting chapter headings, fitting into pages, and reforming margins, as well as removing impediments to publication. TOC included for e-books. Formatting does not include editing or adjusting manual indentations. Please do not expect us to correct errors if you only ordered formatting.
- Formatting is charged by the chapter for e-books and case by case for print. There is an extra charge for illustrations and pictures ($2.00 per)
- Because all formats differ, such as mobi (Kindle) vs. ePub (B & N), BZHercules.com cannot guarantee that blank pages will not occur on different devices and different font settings.
- Print margins are formatted according to recommended industry standard measures. BZHercules.com cannot be responsible for individual printers. Please be advised that chapters begin on the right side, odd pages, and will appear reversed in Word documents. Our policy is to leave the left page blank if the chapter ends on a right page.
- As of February 18, 2013, uploading to the various outlets is a separate fee. Re-dos for uploads will only occur if there is a formatting error present that we need to fix (an error we caused in formatting or an editing error we may have missed if we have been commissioned to edit your book).
You will not find a better price or faster, more reliable, and efficient service anywhere! Please mention your timeframe when replying and we will try to accommodate you, although it is better to be thorough than to set an unrealistic deadline. Please plan your deadlines accordingly. Longer manuscripts and those with many errors will certainly take a great amount of time, so your patience is appreciated! If you submit a manuscript that contains 10,000+ errors, it is not possible to return it within a month. Also, it is highly recommended that you do not order only proofing if you have not had a professional editing first, somewhere. Conversely, do not order only editing from us and expect all errors to be gone if your manuscript contains 10's of thousands of errors. It is for this reason we offer triangulation as well as separate services.
BZHercules.com will take on any or all roles in the triangulated process recommended as industry best practices. We will proof and beta after your regular editor has completed editing or be your first pair of eyes and edit your work! And, we are always ready to take on e-book conversions!
It is easy to order any of our services:
Below is an order form that will be e-mailed to BZHercules.com. You will be e-mailed a confirmation e-mail. Through the e-mail address, upon purchasing the service through our secure Products page, you will be able to send your project to one of our editors. Please allow time for payment processing. Thank you for using BZHercules.com, where our strength is in our products, services, and support!
*Authors, please note that although BZHercules.com does commit to providing quality work, it is highly recommended to use industry best practices of triangulation when self-publishing, namely a quality editing service (ie.: college degreed, experienced, knowledgeable in your area or able to research errors in content), a proof reader, and a betareader.
**Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation corrections follow formal American conventions for proper English, except in cases such as dialogue, which will be preserved in its author-written form if applicable to the character.
***If the manuscript is incorrectly submitted (ie.: 10-point Arial single-spaced), BZHercules.com will edit up to the last paid page after converting to 12-point TNR, double-spaced.
**** If your manuscript consists of many errors, you should consider ordering proofing as well.
Once payment is processed through Pay Pal, we will begin work. We will not begin work until payment is made; if payment is not received, any agreements are null and void.
Refund policy: We do not refund your payment unless work has not yet been started.
If you are not satisfied with the work after it has been completed or wish to retract it once it has been started, we will send a refund minus our hourly consultation rate of time already spent with your project and a detailed analysis of errors corrected. Our hourly consultation rate is $50.00 per hour. :-)
Thank you for using BZHercules.com!
Hercules editing and consulting services 2011-2012